Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm baaaaack

OK, So I took a month off from blogging about running. I'm so sorry. I write for a living so sometimes it is tough to motivate myself to write for ME :)

Training is going well overall, of course there are bumps and bruises and a lot of soreness along the way. I am going to get new sneakers very very soon because I'm having some hip pain and getting blisters on my feet and I think the sneaks are the culprit.

I've pretty much raised all the money I need to run my half marathon, which is a HUGE relief and I'm so glad now I can just concentrate on running. I'm upping my mileage to 4-5 miles during the week and this weekend my long run will probably be 6 or 7 miles, depending on how mean Coach wants to be to us :)

For work, I will be covering the Boston Marathon this year which is so incredibly exciting! I am going to be featuring runners and interviewing people at the finish line and I can't wait. I think it will inspire me for my race, and I love talking to other runners!

Speaking of my race, I checked it out online to get my acquainted with how it's going to be in June. I checked out the map, which looks good, and also the elevation map - ehhh....haha. I'm training in a pretty hilly place but I've been babying myself on the hills. There are a few hills on the elevation map. Miles 5 to 6.5 ish... yeah, not excited for that.

Anyway, since I like to write things down just for my personal records, here are some things I'd like to get better at. Obviously they all revolve around eating right, which is the hardest part for me:
1. eat breakfast
2. drink more water
3. eat a more balanced meal the night before a run

that's it for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment