Friday, January 8, 2010

Hit the wall, running.

:(

I kind of knew week 4 of Couch to 2k (also known as C25K) would be the worst yet, one I'll probably have to repeat. It is brutal. I did the day 1 90% fine. Today - I don't know if it was that I took two days in between running or what - it was such a disaster. I MAYBE got a few 3-minute runs in. I'm supposed to be getting comfortable with 5 minute runs.

The ankle pain is getting unbearable and I think I need to see a physical therapist ASAP to deal with this if I want to keep running. I'm trying to listen to my body and not run through the pain when I don't think I should, which is what I did today. I backed off when I really felt like something was wrong. At the same time, I'm frustrated, and as soon as pain starts to happen I get upset and depressed and I don't want to continue working out. It's really crappy.

To make matters worse, I've been feeling, let's just say, not 100% all week and it's not that I haven't been paying attention to my diet - it's that I've been retaining water or some other ridiculous crap. Anyway, the number on the scale was absolutely disappointing when I weighed myself today, and it just added fuel to an already horrible and depressing and awful fire.

Two weeks into me being serious about this and I've hit a wall. I am getting flashbacks of my 15-year-old self, doing the same thing, still trying to become healthy, and seeing where I am today, that obviously never happened because I am in the same exact place, probably even worse off because I have more lb's to lose.

This is so depressing that I can't even write about it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment