Wednesday, June 16, 2010

figuring out life post-training

So it's been a week and a half since my half marathon. I've come home, but I haven't exactly de-stressed. There's a lot going on with me lately, mostly because I am starting a new job on Monday! But the little things that are popping up like preparations for said job, adopting another cat, getting my Direct TV fixed (ugh) or having to get my car fixed (double UGHHH) are definitely stressing me out.

And in between all these ups and downs, I need to find time to center myself and run again. I know life happens, but I have a 10K on July 4 I would like to be prepared for! I think if I had a bigger motivation - another half marathon - I would be able to make the time to run again and be diligent about it instead of "well I'm stressed out and have a lot to do so I'm not going to run". The more I don't run the more I feel like I am really slacking and I hate that feeling. It's just another thing added to my list that I have to do.

So tomorrow, after my new toys (read: new laptop, camera, etc) arrive for my new job, and hopefully before I have to bring my car in for service, I'd like to get a 5 mile run in.

The last time I ran was almost week ago and it was SUCH a great run. I loved the feeling of just running for me. No stress, nobody telling me to speed up or slow down or when to do anything or what to think. It was just me and the road. It reminded me why I run. But what about when life gets in the way?

I know it has only been a week and a half and I just ran a half marathon so I could be taking it easy right now. So why do I feel so uneasy without a set schedule, something to train for? Do I need structure in my life THIS badly?

I am just hoping it passes as all the things in my life start to calm down and I can get back into the regular groove of things, whatever that will be. I just hope it will include running a happy 10-15 miles a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment